Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Update

Have created a couple of new reports in OAv2.
All reports are based on a Group of systems or optionally, all systems you are authorised to view, regardless of group:
  • System Shares
  • Orphaned Users

These now live alongside :
  • Partiton Useage,
  • Partiton Alert (partitions below %20 free space),
  • Local Admins
  • Audit Dates
  • System Locations

I fixed a bug in the audit script that would not retrieve share permissions when there was a space in the Share Name.

I altered the audit script to retrieve the size of remote Shared Directories.

One thing to note is the increase of script execution time when retrieving the size of remote shared directories. I've seen it take 10 minutes (on a large file server - multiple terrabytes) to complete... I run it overnight, so it isn't an issue for me, but I may make it an optional thing to enable...

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mark,

    I've rus some tests today and found an isue with group values not escaped for xml. The import failed for me because & was found in group description value. Can't wait for Alpha 3, keep doing the good work!

    ReplyDelete