Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Too Long

Wow - it's been waaaaay too long between posts.
Here's what's been happening.
I spoke at SAGE-AU in Hobart. It went down OK.
I've been away a couple of times with a work course (3 days at a time).
We're in the middle of ripping out our kitchen. Nearly there with the new one.
The kids have been to 1001 birthday parties lately.
Real life is just too busy !!!

OK, having mounted my defense of excuses, where is the next release of OAv2 at ? I'm glad you asked.

I think all that's left to do for another release is to post the Change form to the DB. Really. That's it. I'll do my best to knock it off tonight - but the kitchen benchtops and plumbing are going in this afternoon - sigh...

I've completed migrating the "reports" into the DB. You can now define a report and it's display columns. You can export it as XML (and import it back) as well. Essentially, someone can come up with a nice report, export the XML and post it to the forums for others to use.

There has been much refactoring and code cleanup, too. Oh, and partition use graphs are in, too (along with trend lines). And exporting to CSV and XML works (along with Excel). If you want, you can always grab the code from Launchpad using Bazaar.

No comments:

Post a Comment